How to configure a NETGEAR DSL Modem Router for internet connection with NETGEAR genie
This article will enable you to arrange your NETGEAR DSL modem switch utilizing the NETGEAR genie UI.
The data in this article applies in the event that you are arranging a DSL web association with a NETGEAR switch that utilizes the NETGEAR genie UI.
On the off chance that you have a more established switch with a Smart Wizard UI, perceive How to arrange a NETGEAR DSL Modem Router for web association with Smart Wizard UI
On the off chance that you have a satellite web association, see one of the accompanying articles:
On the off chance that your switch utilizes the NETGEAR genie interface, perceive How to design your NETGEAR switch for digital web association with NETGEAR genie
- In the event that your switch utilizes the old Smart Wizard UI, perceive How to arrange your NETGEAR switch for satellite web association with Smart Wizard
- To arrange your DSL modem switch for web association with NETGEAR genie:
- Interface the DSL port of the NETGEAR DSL modem switch to the telephone line, by means of the DSL Microfilter, as appeared in the chart. Utilize an Ethernet link to interface the PC to any of the LAN ports as appeared in the outline. Interface the NETGEAR DSL modem switch to its capacity supply unit (PSU) and hang tight about a moment for it to boot up.
- Note: If you have a current DSL modem or modem switch, kindly expel it from your system.
- Open an Internet program (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and so forth) which will naturally take you to the NETGEAR genie set up screen. On the off chance that screen underneath does not appear, it would be ideal if you get to the screen at http://192.168.0.1 or type in mywifiext.net set up link.
- Once you are in genie app or the mywifiext.net link you will prompted with a box which says , do you want genie to help ?
- Select Yes and snap Next to proceed.
- Now the mywifiext.net link will take you to the next page where you will see a dialogue box where you will find various countries names.
- Select the Country and snap Next.
- The Setup Wizard or the mywifiext.net link will distinguish the sort of web association.
- DSL associations which require a login to interface with the web will be distinguished as PPPoE/PPPoA.
- Your Internet Service Provider will have given you login subtleties (username and secret word) to get to their administration. Type these credentials into the Login and Password boxes on this screen and snap Next.
- Now the genie app or the mywifiext.net link will direct you to the page and you will see it says “applying internet connection settings”. The switch will presently apply these settings. Whenever finished, you can check whether you are associated with the web by clicking Take me to Internet.
- On the completion of the process the mywifiext.net link will give you the confirmation which states “congratulations you are successfully connected to the internet”.
- In situations where the setup flops, it would be ideal if you contact your Internet Service Provider for getting the right login certifications and snap Try again to finish the set up.